From August 26th to September 1st, come deepen your yoga practice, detox your system, and pamper your body at Mazagan Beach Resort & Spa in beautiful sunny Morocco. Guest yoga teacher and holistic nutritionist, Victoria Morse, will lead a week of intentional yoga practice and an Ayurvedic detox program. Her end-of-summer retreat aims to help release the summer heat as we transition into Autumn by focusing on connection, meditation, and wellness.
This is a unique opportunity to renew and recharge. Some words from Victoria:
“We can learn a lot about renewal from the trees in the autumn. They shed their leaves, as if detoxing from a long, harsh year. They begin to work on themselves from the inside out. After months of rejuvenation, spring comes and with it the trees begin to bloom and come to life with vibrant colors. When we work on ourselves from the inside out first, beauty begins to pour out on the outside— vibrantly, like the trees.”
Following an Ayurvedic detox plan for the first 3 days of the retreat, Victoria will encourage guests to go without any sugar, meat, or dairy. Organizing with the kitchen staff, we plan to offer kitchari, a traditional Ayurvedic dish with rice, beans and spices (turmeric, cardamom, cumin, coriander, etc). Kitchari has long served as a nourishing comfort food in India. It is prepared to soothe babies, the elderly, the sick, and the healthy, often during special times of cleansing and deep spiritual practice.
Victoria was born and raised in Atlanta, GA where she began taking yoga classes in 2012. She quickly noticed the mental and emotional transformation yoga provides, and dove into a training to deepen her personal practice. To say yoga changed her life is an understatement. She went from studying Biology at Kennesaw State University to traveling the world seeking shamans and healers to learn how to heal herself and the world.
Victoria is passionate about living in rhythm with the natural solar and lunar cycles, forging connections between sensuality and spirituality, and reclaiming the name Witch as a wise, creative, and intuitive healer. She believes that yoga is a process of seeking out discomfort and breathing into it, with the asana (the physical practice) being only a component of the powerful and transformational practice that is yoga.
Victoria firmly believes that every time we show up and do the work to heal ourselves, we heal a piece of the planet— a piece of the whole. The more mindful of ourselves we become, the more mindful we are of how we relate to others. Universal change starts within.
Each of Victoria’s classes offer a unique and challenging sequence designed to make space in the body to connect with the heart, with Ayurveda and Reiki integrated in order to promote healing and honor the elements within. Victoria’s goal is to hold space for her students to not only open their heart and minds, but to honor their body, breath, and being, in order to transcend their practice off the mat into everyday life. Victoria leads women circles, workshops, retreats, and one-on-one Soul-Work sessions.
- 7 nights in a shared double pool-view room (private rooms available for a fee)
- 3 spa treatments: 1 traditional hammam scrub and 2 60-minute massages
- Daily brunch and dinner
- Twice daily yoga classes
- Free shared airport transfer via the hotel’s scheduled shuttles
- Free use of the resort’s amenities, including wifi, hammam, tennis courts, and more.
What Makes This Retreat Special?
- Yoga classes and Ayurvedic detox program led by holistic nutritionist and yoga teacher, Victoria Morse. Every day on retreat will include two yoga classes tailored to just what you need.
- Luxury, world-class accommodation. You do not need to sacrifice amenities to have an authentic and life-changing yoga retreat experience!
- Stunning surroundings. Mazagan Beach Resort is located right on the beach with beautiful architecture and lush landscaping at every turn.
- The full-service spa has everything you would expect of a five-star resort, including a spacious hammam featuring incredible tile mosaics. You must try the hammam scrub — trust us, you’ll love it.
- Accessible from everywhere. Morocco is a short flight from just about everywhere in the UK and EU, and you won’t even have to adjust to a new timezone! Coming from North America? Morocco is only a 5-hour time difference from the East Coast.